wedding program guide
download wedding_program.pdf guide
link to wedding_program.pdf guide
Jennifer J wedding program - click to enlarge
Example of the Opening Title of Program:
- The Wedding Of...
- The Celebration of Marriage Uniting...
- The Marriage Celebration Of... -OR- The Marriage Celebration Uniting...
- The Wedding Ceremony Of... -OR- The Wedding Ceremony Uniting...
- The Celebration and Blessing of the Marriage Uniting...
- The Wedding Celebration Of... -OR- The Wedding Celebration Uniting...
- The Marriage Uniting...
- The Wedding Uniting...
- The Celebration on Love Uniting...
- The Celebration of Christian Marriage Uniting...
- The Eucharistic Celebration and Sacrament of Marriage Uniting...
- Welcome to ... (preceding any of the above titles)
wedding ceremony information
Example of the Order of the Wedding Ceremony:
click here for link to traditional music
(include songs and/or songs & composers, as well as scripture verses or reading if you wish)
Amanda La wedding program - click to enlarge
- Prelude -OR- Music for Gathering
- Lighting of Candles
- Lighting of Unity Candles by the Mothers
- Chiming of the Hour
- Seating of the Families -OR- Seating of the Grandparents
- Seating of the Mothers (mother of groom is seated first, mother of bride is seated last)
- Seating of the House Party -OR- Honorary Bridesmaid(s)
- The Groom’s Entrance
- Processional -OR- Attendants' Processional -OR- Bridesmaids' Processional -OR- Procession of the Wedding Party
- Bride’s Processional -OR- Entrance of the Bride -OR- The Bride’s Entrance -OR- Procession of the Bride
- Opening words -OR- Call to Worship -OR- Greeting -OR- Welcome
- Opening Prayer -OR- Invocation
- Declaration of Intent
- Giving of the Bride -OR- Presentation of the Bride
- Scripture Reading
- Wedding Message -OR- Definition of Marriage
- Exchange of Vows -OR- Covenant of Vows
- Blessing and Exchange of Rings -OR- Exchange of Rings
- The Lord’s Supper
- Lighting of the Unity Candle -OR- Unity Sand Ceremony
- Declaration of Marriage
- Closing Prayer -OR- Benediction
- Pronouncement of Marriage -OR- Presentation of the Couple
wedding party information
Names of Parents, Grandparents, and/or Great-grandparents:
(etiquette rule of thumb... never separate a man first name from his last; list names as Jane and John Smith
or the formal title of Mr. and Mrs. John Smith)
(note relationships if desired, be consistent on how you list names – Jane Smith -OR- Mrs. Jane Smith -OR- Miss Jane Anne Smith)
Whitney wedding program - click to enlarge
- Maid (single) -OR- Matron (married) of Honor
- Honorary Bridesmaid (list alphabetically if more than one)
- Bridesmaids (list names in the order they walk down the aisle, honor attendant is a male bridesmaid)
- Junior Bridesmaid
- Flower Girl
- Best Man
- Groomsmen (list names in the order they will be standing, left to right next to best man)
- Honorary Groomsman (list names alphabetically if more than one)
- Junior Groomsman
- Bible Bearer
- Ring Bearer
- Ushers (list names alphabetically if more than one)
- Candle lighters (list names alphabetically if more than one)
- Officiant/Minister (ask for preferred title)
- House Party (usually girlfriends who will be helping at the wedding and reception, list names alphabetically)
- Reader(s) -OR- Lector(s)
- Bride’s Attendant (someone helping the Bride who is not the coordinator nor a bridesmaid)
- Wedding Coordinator -OR- Wedding Assistant -OR- Wedding Director
- Wedding Reception Coordinator
- Guest Book Attendant(s) (list names alphabetically if more than one)
- Program Attendant(s) (list names alphabetically if more than one)
- Anyone else who plays a role in your ceremony or reception
additional information included on program
An area for "In memory of":
Meredith B wedding program - click to enlarge
- We light these candles to honor the memory of (names).
We are thankful for their impact, influence, and love that shaped our lives.
- This ceremony is dedicated to the memory of those who have already left this world whose influence and love will never be
forgotten, especially ... (names)
- We would like to dedicate our wedding ceremony to our loved ones who have passed away that we wish were here today to
share in our joy.
- Candles in the ( ) shine as a symbol of a life and love remembered.
- In memory of our loved ones who are no longer with us.
- The (candle, flowers) placed at the (alter, guest book, etc.) are in loving memory of (names).
- Thank you Note to Parents, Family, Friends, Guests (here’s where you would note any donation made in honor
of your guests in lieu of wedding favors)
- Invitation to the Reception
- Directions from the Ceremony to the Reception
- New Address
- Poem or Verse
- Any other information you would like to share such as how you met or why you pick this date as your wedding day, etc.
Share this page on facebook.